21 July, 2006

Season ticket

Further to Baz's earlier post, I thought I would take a minute out of my lunchbreak to explain why I am not getting a season ticket.

There are some personal reasons, such as the fact that we may be moving house out of Nottingham, plus the fact that the demands of my job mean I would miss a significant amount of the midweek matches.

These reasons are exacerbated by the fact that the prices are unrealistic. As Baz suggested earlier, just a token reduction in price would have been a great gesture. It would make little difference to the club's operating margins, but would reaffirm the fan's faith in the club. So I will settle for borrowing Baz's ticket when he cannot make it, and upgrading Dad's OAP ticket when he is on holiday.

Finally, it seems as though good progress has been made under CC so far. Obviously, the only real test will come when the season starts, but some of the outcasts are apparently showing a hitherto unseen level of ability and desire. The squad still needs a lot of pruning, but we seem to be heading in the right direction.

Has anyone else lost count of the amount of times I have said that recently?

No comments:

Archive

eXTReMe Tracker